Garbage in, garbage out. How can you make a great print with a mediocre scan of your film?
Great scans come from a fusion of experience and hardware. Our Scanning Technicians have mastered the process of scanning film with our Tango Drum Scanners over the last 20 years. Our film scans have been the foundation for dozens of fine art books, thousands of Exhibition Prints made by our Master Printmakers, and used by thousands of artists preparing their own files.
- Our hardware is the legendary Heidelberg Tango Drum Scanner, which can scan film beyond grain level
- Each film scan is captured in a 48 bit Silverfast HDR file that is then processed by our Scan Techs to make a final, high res, 16bit TIFF file.
- Every film scan is individually adjusted because no two pieces of film are the same
- Color, B&W, Neg, Chrome, pyro, 35mm, 120, 4x5, 8x10, 11x14, 6x17, and prints, if it can fit on our drum, we've probably scanned it
- Read our Film Scanning Fact Sheet for complete technical details
- Scan services are provided by our sister company Metal & Paper
|RGB (color)||Greyscale (B&W)||Price|
|Larger sizes & quantity prices||Contact Metal & Paper|